Just like everything else this year, our children's ministry program (KidLife) is a little different now than in the past. We are thinking outside of the box to keep kids engaged and learning while still looking out for the safety of both the kids and the volunteers. Scroll down to see what is or isn't currently available (it may even change week to week). As always, if you have any questions, Beth is happy to help!
We are currently only meeting in a limited capacity:
- KidLife Worship - Available for kids 3 years through kindergarten during service. Let Beth know you are coming so we can plan ahead. Check-in at the bottom of the stairs in the lobby.
- KidLife Sunday School - For kids in preschool through 5th grade. Immediately following the service (about 11:15) until 12:00pm.
- Nursery is not available right now. The Parent/Infant Room (cry room) IS available in the back of the church sanctuary for nursing mothers and parents of fussy infants.
Once we are back to a "normal" schedule, a typical Sunday morning looks like this:
- Check-in located in the Fellowship Hall (Room 100, lower level)
- KidLife Worship - ages 3 years through 3rd grade during the worship service (10am). Children need to be checked in before service starts. They can either go straight to KidLife Worship, or they may begin the service upstairs with you, and will head down to join the kids after a few songs in the sanctuary. If you are not staying for Sunday School, you will need to pick your child(ren) up immediately following the service. If you plan on staying for Sunday School, there is no need to re-check them in.
- KidLife Sunday School - ages 3 years through 3rd grade immediately following service (about 11:15) until 12:15pm. Kids already checked in from KidLife Worship do not need to be re-checked. September - April/May
- KidLife 45 (Sunday School) - 4th & 5th grades immediately following service (about 11:15) until 12:15pm. KidLife 45 is a new "preteen" curriculum for our older kids. Each week they will enjoy an opening game, creative Bible teaching, small group activity, and discussion questions. There may be snacks as well...join us to find out!
- Note: A few times a year, kids in grades 1–3 will attend the service with their parents. KidLife Worship will not be available. For kids staying in the service, children's bulletins are available on the bulletin stand along with clipboards and crayons. The nursery will still be available! If you have a child kindergarten and younger who would rather not sit through the service they are welcome to come to nursery for a story and activity. The parent/infant room at the back of the sanctuary is also always open for use.
- Nursery (6 weeks–3 years): The nursery is located above the gym in room 241. From the back of the sanctuary, exit through the double doors and walk straight ahead to a second set of double doors. The nursery is through these doors and to the left. Our nursery volunteers are required to have a background check before they are allowed to serve in the nursery. We want to be sure we are providing the safest care possible for your child! Parents of children who use the nursery are encouraged to be added to the volunteer schedule. Please contact Beth Jennings to volunteer.
KidLife Club is over for the year. Look for more info on this Wednesday night program when it starts back up in the fall!
- RRC KidLife Online - parents can request to join our facebook group, and kids can watch a live lesson with Beth Sunday mornings at 9:30!
- Camp Voucher Codes
- Keys for Kids - be sure to pick up this free booklet of daily devotionals for kids! New issue every three months.
- Coming Soon - RRC Children's Ministry channel on RightNow Media!
- Informed Consent Form
- Sermon Notes
- Vacation Bible School is on the calendar for June 21-24! Details still to come.