Just like everything else this year, our children's ministry program (KidLife) is a little different now than in the past. We are thinking outside of the box to keep kids engaged and learning while still looking out for the safety of both the kids and the volunteers. Scroll down to see what is currently available. As always, if you have any questions, Beth is happy to help!
- Check-in is located at the bottom of the stairs from the lobby
- KidLife Worship - ages 3 years through 2nd grade during the worship service (10am). Children need to be checked in before service starts. They can either go straight to KidLife Worship, or they may begin the service upstairs with you, and will head down to join the kids after a few songs in the sanctuary. If you are not staying for Sunday School, you will need to pick your child(ren) up immediately following the service. If you plan on staying for Sunday School, there is no need to re-check them in.
- KidLife Sunday School - ages 3 years through 3rd grade immediately following service (about 11:15) until noon. Kids already checked in from KidLife Worship do not need to be re-checked.
- KidLife 45 (Sunday School) - 4th & 5th grades immediately following service (about 11:15) until noon. KidLife 45 is our "preteen" curriculum for our older kids. Each week they will enjoy an opening game, creative Bible teaching, small group activity, and discussion questions. There may be snacks as well...join us to find out!
- Note: A few times a year, kids in grades 1–3 will attend the service with their parents. KidLife Worship will not be available. For kids staying in the service, children's bulletins are available on the bulletin stand along with clipboards and crayons. The nursery will still be available! If you have a child kindergarten and younger who would rather not sit through the service they are welcome to come to nursery for a story and activity. The parent/infant room at the back of the sanctuary is also always open for use.
- Nursery (6 weeks–3 years): The nursery is located above the gym in room 241. From the back of the sanctuary, exit through the double doors and walk straight ahead to a second set of double doors. The nursery is through these doors and to the left. Our nursery volunteers are required to have a background check before they are allowed to serve in the nursery. We want to be sure we are providing the safest care possible for your child! Parents of children who use the nursery are encouraged to be added to the volunteer schedule. Please contact Beth Jennings to volunteer.
KidLife Club meets Wednesday nights during the school year. Children work with leaders and others their own age as they learn about the Bible and participate in fun games and other activities. There are many special events throughout the year! Guests are welcome any time. Every three or four weeks we will join with the adults and youth in Focal Point for an intergenerational family night.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (coming soon)
- Wednesdays 6:30-8:00pm
- Meet in the gym following dinner; if not at the dinner, drop-off is at Entrance B
- 2021-22: September 22 - May 11
- RRC KidLife Online - parents can request to join our facebook group, and kids can watch a live lesson with Beth Sunday mornings at 9:30!
- Camp Voucher Codes
- Informed Consent Form
- Keys for Kids - be sure to pick up this free booklet of daily devotionals for kids! New issue every three months.
- Coming Soon - RRC Children's Ministry channel on RightNow Media!
- Sermon Notes
- Please fill out the Informed Consent Form for the 2022-23 school year!
- Bibles: If you have a child in kindergarten this year or if your child has not received a Bible from us in the past, please email Beth ASAP to let her know.
- Curriculum: KidLife Worship has begun a curriculum called "The Gospel Storybook Bible". We will be reading through the Bible and digging deeper with discussions and activities. This curriculum will carry through into Sunday School for preschool through third grade. KidLife 45 (4th and 5th grade Sunday school) will be using the "New City Catechism" curriculum this year. The New City Catechism is designed to help children learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Volunteer Opportunities: We are still looking for leaders for Sunday school. Please let Beth know if you are interested in helping out.
Save the date for VBS! June 26-29, 2022