A Life Group is a small group of 8-12 people that focuses on three priorities – sharing, study, and support. Life Group members will commit to meet together at least every other week through the school season—and even better, through the summer. We call these “Life Groups” because they are focused on (1) helping us grow in our life in Christ and (2) sharing life together. Life Groups will typically gather in the evening for 1.5 to 2 hours. You may choose to meet in homes, the church building, or around a fire. Each group decides how they desire to handle childcare. Coordinator: Mike Fisk
At each meeting we share what is happening in our lives. At first this will include planned sharing questions to help us get to know each other. After a few weeks, our time together will become more natural and personal as we feel more comfortable with each other.
At each meeting we share what we are learning from our Life Group Study (a sermon-based study, or a biblically based book or topic). Our goal is to learn how to live out our faith in everyday life as we grow in becoming passionate Christ-followers.
At each meeting we learn how to love and support one another as Christ commanded (John 15:9-13). This can take many forms such as prayer, encouragement, challenging one another, and meeting practical needs.
The gospel is the power of God for our lifelong journey of becoming like Jesus. And there is renewal and transformation only as far as the gospel is absorbed and applied. One common Life Group study will involve discussion and application of the sermon that leads us to dig and press the gospel deeper into our hearts and lives. Since our church family would particularly benefit from progress in the areas of hospitality, outreach, relational depth and spiritual maturity, we are encouraging the following list of courses, books, study guides and DVD seminars for this season:
Courses / Books / Study Guides / DVD seminars
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key by Rosaria Butterfield (book) – Ten chapters that can easily be read and discussed over 8 weeks
- How People Change by Paul David Tripp and Timothy S. Lane (book or DVD seminar with facilitator's guide and study guide)
- Change and Your Relationships: A Mess Worth Making by Paul David Tripp and Timothy S. Lane (12-week study guide with leader's notes)
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Paul David Tripp (book or DVD seminar with facilitator’s guide and study guide)
- Gospel Identity - discovering who you really are (10-session study guide)
- Gospel Growth - becoming a faith-filled person (10-session study guide)
- Gospel Love - grace and everything that gets in the way (10-session study guide)
- The Gospel-Centered Parent (10-session study guide and leader's notes)
- Gospel 101: Learning, Living, and Sharing the Gospel by Jeff Dodge (small group study)
- Organic Outreach for Ordinary People by Kevin Harney (book and accompanying DVD study) – 13 chapters and these books are available through the church office
- Organic Outreach for Families by Kevin and Sherry Harney (book) – 12 chapters
- Knowing God (book) – by J.I. Packer
Websites / Organizations / Publishers for additional resources, articles, and study